The UNI Guild of Carillonneurs is a student group committed to preserving and enhancing the tradition of carillon music on UNI's campus. This student-led group is responsible for playing the carillon instrument housed in the UNI Campanile, as well as facilitating tours of the historic 1926 structure and promoting carillon music to the campus and Cedar Valley communities. The group is limited to ten members by audition, but students from any major are welcome to audition. Activities include seminar meetings, annual Campaniling concert, Friday lunch time concerts, special concerts and activities throughout the year and hosting the semi-annual Midwest International Carillon Festival.
In the News!
- The Northern Iowan: Carillonneurs continue Campanile concerts (April 30, 2020)
- KWWL News: UNI’s Guild of Carillonneurs playing daily concerts during pandemic (April 15, 2020)
- The Northern Iowan: The Campanile: a campus icon (April 9, 2018)
- The Northern Iowan: Karel Keldermans carries on campanile tradition (April 16, 2012)
- The Northern Iowan: UNI students, faculty enjoy the tunes of professional carillonneur (April 11, 2011)
Abbie Greene, President
Lorenna Hucke, Vice President
Brenda Sevcik, Director of Public Relations
Dr. Randall Harlow, Faculty Advisor